Xbox One is one of the most widely used gaming platforms in the world. Gamers use mics with Xbox one in order to enhance their sound quality but most people don’t know how to connect a microphone with Xbox. We will discuss How To Use USB Microphone On Xbox One.
Using a microphone with the Xbox is not a very difficult task and not much mastery is required in doing so. Simple techniques are used in doing so which are as under.
What is a USB microphone?
Same as an ordinary microphone, the USB microphone also works on the same principle. It consists of a diaphragm, a capsule. The main difference between this microphone and the ordinary microphone is that it has two extra circuits and an AD converter.
There are two types of microphones:
- Condenser microphone
- dynamic microphone
They can easily be connected with devices having USB ports. Also, these are not much expensive can is easy to reach for any person having an Xbox one.
Why is it difficult to connect a USB microphone with Xbox?
The certain reason why a USB microphone does not connect with an Xbox is that Xbox only has a single port for USB. The USB microphone may get power and turn on but it would not supply an audio signal through the USB port.
The only thing we will have to do is to gather some equipment with us and to connect it with the USB microphone. It is not much difficult and is rather a process of only connecting a few wires.
What things do we need?
We have to follow these steps in order to connect a USB microphone to the Xbox:
- We need a Mic Splitter Adapter Cable
- USB mic should have an analog 3.5mm jack
- A male 3.5mm mic splitter and connect to Xbox one due to which headphones and microphone is attached independently
- We need a male to male 3.5mm Cable and we are done
How to connect a USB microphone to Xbox?
So finally when all the things are ready and on the table, now the time comes to connect the USB microphone to the Xbox.
- First of all, connect the male 3.5mm splitter and connect it to the Xbox One’s audio port
- The next step is to plug your male to male 3.5mm cable into the microphone area of the splitter, and your USB microphone’s 3.5mm audio port
- At the last, plug the USB microphone into the Xbox One’s USB port. You can also use a Power bank in doing so to keep it at a distance
So the microphone and the headphones should work absolutely fine without any sort of distortion. We can see that we figured out this problem in a few basic steps.
Also Check: 11 Fixes Jabra Elite 85t Microphone Not Working
We discussed How To Use a USB Microphone On Xbox One and we got to a various number of conclusions on how to do so. It is not a technical process. Yet, some wires are required for this purpose.
Let me know if you learned something from this article and got help in solving the issue.