Is your Toshiba TV not turning on after a power outage or flashing red light? You are going to solve this issue by following this guide.
A power outage harms an electronic device. If your Toshiba TV faced a power outage, its circuit board might have failed.
However, if the red light is flashing on your TV, there are chances of survival. The power outage has caused temporary issues and did not damage the hardware.
A minor component of the hardware such as fuse or capacitor is blown. But, we cannot predict the defect and loss exactly. Therefore, we need to dive deep into the issue.
There are some checks and troubleshooting techniques that can help you find out the root cause.
Further, we will suggest a number of techniques to fix your Toshiba TV that won’t turn on but the red light is flashing. So, keep reading this article and do as we tell you.
1. Check the Power Supply
The first and foremost thing you need to do is check the power supply. Test the wall power outlet to which your TV is connected.
It must be delivering proper voltage. You can test it by plugging in some other electronic device into it or using a multimeter to measure the voltage supply.
If it is the fault, plug in your Toshiba TV to some other power outlet. This trick is likely to solve your problem.
2. Power Cycle Your Toshiba TV
Power cycling is an immediate solution to fix your TV with a flashing red light after a power outage. This drains the power stored in the TV and removes the temporary bugs.
Follow these steps to power cycle your Toshiba TV;
- Disconnect every device, cable, speaker, etc. from your TV.
- Now, cut off the power supply to your TV by unplugging it from the power outlet.
- Wait for 1minute, hold and press the power button on your TV set for 60 seconds.
- Connect the power supply and plug in only one external device (speaker, gaming console, cable box) with your TV.
- Now, turn on your TV and it should be working normally.
3. Reset the Remote Control
Maybe the remote of your Toshiba TV is not working. Therefore, your TV won’t turn on but the red light is flashing. So, you need to check the remote control.
- Remove the batteries from your remote and clean them thoroughly. Put the batteries back, correctly oriented.
- Now, press and hold the “DPAD-left”, ‘Back’ and ‘Menu’ buttons at the same time on your Toshiba remote.
- Release the buttons after 10 seconds, this will reset your remote.
- Also, clean the Infrared sensor on your remote and TV. Now, check the performance of your remote.
4. Repair Hardware
These were some basic solutions that are likely to fix your Toshiba TV after a power outage. However, if nothing works then your TV’s hardware has failed.
There are many components in the hardware. A proper inspection will find out the faulty component. If the fuses have blown out or capacitors are damaged, you can replace them.
It may be the power supply board that has failed. It is responsible for delivering current to all the parts of your TV. Replacing or repairing the power supply board is not too expensive.
But, the failure of the motherboard is a huge loss. Because this component is too costly. It is better to purchase a new TV instead of replacing the motherboard.
Hardware repair at home may be dangerous. Because you do not have enough technical knowledge. So, you can replace the wrong component or may damage your TV further.
So, it is recommended that you should call a local mechanic. He will open your TV and will point out the real fault. You can decide to repair it according to the expense or replace your TV if it is too old.
Unfortunately, this is the last solution to fix your Toshiba TV that is not turning on after a power outage but the red light is flashing on it.