Toshiba TV black screen with sound is a common problem among Toshiba TV owners. However, this issue can be solved by following some easy tricks.
Most of the time, the TV black screen is caused by malware or other temporary issues. Because a Toshiba Fire TV is a smart UHD TV that works with the internet.
This TV has built-in streaming channels. So, it is likely to malfunction at times just like a PC. Moreover, the TV is also vulnerable to virus attacks.
However, there may be some minor causes of the black screen such as faulty connections or power supply. This article is a complete guide for you.
We will tell you multiple methods to
fix your Toshiba Fire TV black screen. Surely, these solutions will resolve your problem, free of cost.
1. Some Basic Checks
Before proceeding further, you need to check some basic things. Although these checks sound trivial yet people forget them quite often. So, you should make sure;
- Your Toshiba TV is connected to a working power outlet and powered on.
- Some TVs have a standby light that will continue bilking even the TV is turned off. This gives the impression that TV is ON but actually it is not.
- Confirm that your TV is not in power saver mode. Just like a PC, the TV goes into sleep mode with a black screen after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Simply, press volume, channel, or some other button on your remote to recover the screen.
- The remote control is functioning and its batteries are fresh. Try to operate your TV through the buttons on it.
- Your TV is connected to a reliable internet connection to stream media. All the connection cables are firmly plugged in and nothing is loosely connected.
- Stream through different channels to check whether the black screen issue persists only on a few channels or all.
If you have carefully checked all these things and still your Toshiba TV displaying a black screen with sound, try the following troubleshooting techniques.
2. Quick Reset Your Toshiba TV
A quick or hard reset is also called a power cycle. Because it drains out the power stored in your TV. Hence, its efficiency is improved and many problems can be solved including the black screen with sound.
Follow these guidelines to quick reset your TV;
- Plug out the power cord of your Toshiba TV from the wall power outlet.
- Wait for whole 60 seconds and plug the power cord back in. Turn on your TV and observe the screen.
- If this trick does not work then try a hard reset;
- Plug out your TV from the power supply and leave for 30 seconds.
- Now, press and hold the power button on your TV set for 30 seconds.
- Connect the power supply again and turn on your TV.
3. Select the Correct Input
The wrong input can also cause a black TV screen. The Smart Toshiba TV has different input ports for different devices. Hence, you need to select the compatible input option on your TV.
The best trick is to stream through all the input options (you can access them by pressing the input/source/TV/video button on the remote).
At each input, wait for a few moments and stop where your TV displays pictures. For example, you have plugged the HDMI into Video 1 port on your TV, but you have selected Video 2 where nothing is plugged in.
4. Examine the Source
One of the causes of Toshiba TV’s black screen with sound is an issue in the source device. There are multiple devices that are connected with the TV for streaming media.
So, you need to double-check the device connected to your TV. Make sure it is turned on and plugged in properly. Also, check the HDMI, Optical, or coaxial cables connected to your TV.
Plug them out and plug back firmly after a few minutes. No cable should be cut, twisted, or damaged. If you find any faulty cable, replace it.
Consider cleaning the connection ports/cable connectors on your TV and device. Because if they have accumulated dust or debris, the signal cannot be delivered properly.
So, your TV screen turns out black with sound. You can use a clean toothbrush, micro-fiber cloth, or air can clean the ports.
Also, make sure that the antenna or satellite dish is properly oriented. Resetting or updating the connected devices can also do the trick.
5. Change Some Settings on Your Toshiba TV
The wrong settings can also cause a black screen with sound. So, your TV gives sound but no picture is displayed. Check the picture settings of your TV by the following steps;
- On your Toshiba TV remote, press and hold the ‘Home’ button.
- Release when the ‘Quick Settings’ menu appears on your TV screen.
- Now, choose ‘Display’ and then ‘Picture size’.
- The picture size adjustment option may not be available, it is grey and does not respond on clicking.
- Find the ‘Auto Aspect’ settings and turn them off. Then adjust the picture size and the black screen should display pictures.
- There may be a sleep timer on your Toshiba TV. It is activated, your TV will automatically turn off after a set time. So, you should find and turn off the sleep timer to resolve the issue.
6. Inspect the Hardware of Your Toshiba TV
If all the above-mentioned tricks fail to fix your TV black screen then it has a hardware defect. Either the power supply board or the backlight is faulty.
The power supply board of your TV delivers the current to all the components. Its failure results in the black screen with sound. The power light of your TV remains on in this situation.
So, the solution is to replace the power board. Backlight is found in LCD TVs, its failure causes black screen. Another possibility is that the screen of your Toshiba Fire TV has expired.
Repairing or replacing the screen of your Toshiba Fire TV may be too expensive. In addition, the repaired screen are not reliable and can create issues again.
So, it is better to purchase a new TV. You can purchase every model of Toshiba TV from Amazon.
If you suspect that the hardware of your Toshiba TV has failed, consult a technician. Ask the cost of repair before deciding between replacement and repair.
The black screen issue is most likely to happen with older TVs. However, if your new Toshiba Fire TV creates this issue, contact the manufacturer.
You can claim a refund or replacement if your Toshiba TV is under warranty. We hope, this article has helped you fix your Toshiba Fire TV black screen with sound.