This guide aims at fixing your Jabra Elite 85t that poses the no sound issue. Jabra Elite 85t earbuds can be used both for listening to calls and music.
These earbuds are very popular nowadays. Sometimes, the earbuds give no sound when you try to play music. It may be due to software bugs, insufficient charge, or dirty speakers.
However, this problem can be solved by applying some helpful tricks. This guide includes all the troubleshooting methods. So, you must apply them before consulting a technician.
1. Update the Firmware
Software bugs can cause many issues including the no sound problem. So, it is necessary to update your device.
Because the latest firmware comes with bug fixes. You can update your Jabra Elite 85t by the following method;
- Connect your phone to a Wifi network and pair it with your earbuds.
- On your mobile device, launch the Jabra Sound+ app. Tap the ‘Settings’ icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the ‘Headset’ option and then ‘Personalize your headset’.
- Click the ‘Voice Guidance Language’ and then select the current language of the earbuds.
- Download and install the latest firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
- Put both earbuds in the charging case and close the lid.
- Wait for the LED indicator outside the case to stop flashing purple.
- This indicates that the update process is complete. Take out the earbuds and check the sound.
2. Adjust Audio Settings
First, make sure that you have turned up the volume both on your earbuds and the source device. Then, disable the music playback pause function.
It can stop your earbuds from playing music or audio calls. The auto pause feature is enabled by default. You can disable it from the app.
- Download the Jabra Sound+ app on your mobile device.
- Launch the app and go to the ‘Headset’ tab.
- Click on ‘Headset Settings’ and then choose
- ‘Audio Experience’. Disable the ‘Auto-Pause Audio’ feature.
Some mobile devices offer additional audio settings. A wrong setting can stop your microphone from working.
So, check the noise-canceling, equalizer, and other audio settings on your Bluetooth device. Moreover, adjust the Bluetooth audio codec settings on your device.
3. Check the Source Device
If your Jabra earbuds are not working, the culprit may be the source device. So, try connecting them to a different Bluetooth device or mobile phone.
Restart and troubleshoot your phone. Make calls and play audio files to check the performance of the microphone.
Also, make sure that your phone is running on the latest firmware. If possible test some other headphones by pairing them with your mobile.
Another cause for no sound issue is that the audio file you trying to play is corrupted. So, play from various apps and services or check multiple audio files.
4. Check the Signal Strength
If your Jabra Elite 85t does not give sound during calls, the signals may be weak on your phone. Change your location to ensure signal strength.
Moreover, your mobile phone should be closer to your earbuds. Because Bluetooth cannot operate out of range-more than 10 meters.
One reason behind no sound issue is that Bluetooth signals transmission is weak. Further, signals from the Wifi routers can also interfere with your earbuds’ performance.
5. Reset Your Jabra Elite 85t
If still, you are facing the no sound issue, try a factory reset on your device. It will help remove the software issues. Follow these steps carefully;
- Put both of the earbuds in their charging case. Now, press and hold both earbuds at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the LED lights start flashing purple.
- Close the lid of the charging case and re-open after 5 seconds. The reset process is complete now.
- Go to your Bluetooth device paired with your earbuds. Open Bluetooth menu, tap Jabra Elite 85t in the list and click ‘Forget’ or ‘Un-Pair’.
- Now, pair your earbuds again with your phone can check the audio. Repeat the reset process again if it was not successful on the first attempt.
6. Un-pair Other Devices
The no sound problem can be caused by other devices. If you have connected your Jabra Elite 85t to more than one device, it will not work properly.
For example, some users pair it both with the mobile device and laptop to listen to music and calls. It is recommended to pair to one device at a time. Hopefully, this will help fix the issue.
7. Clean Your Earbuds
One of the common reasons for no sound issue is that your earbuds are dirty. The speakers have gathered dust. This solidifies and blocks the tiny holes of the speaker.
Thus, sound does not come while making calls or listening to music. Therefore, you need to clean your earbuds thoroughly and regularly.
Take a tiny toothbrush, paintbrush, or makeup brush. Rub it gently over the speaker grill to remove the dust. You can also use a toothpick but be gentle.
Now, blow the dust-out and check the audio. A very popular trick among headphones users is to suck your earbuds. This will help remove the earwax and residual dirt.
Also Check: Jabra Elite 85t Not Loud Enough
We hope this guide has fixed your earbuds. Nevertheless, if they still fail to give sound, consult Jabra. Your earbuds have some hardware defects.
It could be a manufacturing fault. The company technician can diagnose the issue better. You can ask for a replacement if your earbuds are under warranty.
Do not forget to tell us which of the tricks fixed your Jabra Elite 85t earbuds with no sound problem.