Are your Jabra Elite 85t earbuds not loud enough? Don’t worry, you can fix this issue within a few minutes. Most of the users face the loudness issue.
Sometimes, one of the earbuds is louder than the other. While other times both earbuds produce too low sound. There are some very useful troubleshooting tricks given in this guide.
Just apply all these solutions to your device and see the difference.
1. Adjust the Volume Properly
You can connect your Jabra Elite 85t to any Bluetooth device like a smartphone, iPhone, tablet, or PC. You can control volume through the connected device as well as from the earbuds.
Increase the volume to the maximum from your phone or PC. Now, put the earbuds in your ears and play an audio file. You need to adjust the volume level on your earbuds.
Touch and hold the right earbud to increase the volume. Meanwhile, listen to the audio if gets louder.
2. Optimize the Audio Settings
In addition to increasing volume, you should also try to optimize the audio settings. This can be done through the Jabra Sound+ app.
Launch the app on your mobile while the earbuds should be paired. Adjust the bass, mid-range, and treble settings. Further, check the sound settings on the mobile apps and device settings.
Some mobile apps have their own audio settings. So, you should check this factor if you are playing from a particular app.
Similarly, a connected Bluetooth device such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop also has its own audio preferences.
You need to confirm that the audio settings and features are enabled. The device may have default volume settings to avoid hearing damage.
3. Ensure Enough Charging
If your Jabra Elite 85t is not charged sufficiently, it cannot get loud enough. So, put both earbuds in the charging case and connect the charger.
Let them charge at least for 30 minutes. Check the charging status on the Jabra Sound+ app or observe the light indicators on the case.
Also, make sure that your charging cable, adapter, case, and power supply are working properly. Remove the buds from the case after 30 minutes and check the volume again.
4. Update Your Jabra Elite 85t
The loudness of your earbuds can be affected by software issues. For example, they may be running on an older software version or facing glitches.
Updating the firmware version will remove bugs as well as the sound issue. The process is as follows;
- Turn ON Bluetooth on your mobile device and put your Jabra Elite into pairing mode to connect both devices.
- Connect your phone to a reliable internet network or use mobile data. Now, download and launch the Jabra Sound+ app on your phone.
- From the main menu of the app, click the ‘Discover icon’.
- Next, tap the ‘Update Now’ option. The latest firmware will be downloaded within a few seconds.
- Read the license terms and click the ‘Agree’ button to apply the update.
- Now, check your Jabra’s performance whether it is loud enough or not.
5. Reset Your Jabra Elite 85t
A reset is very effective in solving a number of issues including the low volume. If all else fails, you should reset your earbuds to factory settings. Follow these steps accurately;
- Go to the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device and un-pair your Jabra Elite 85t.
- Now, put both earbuds in the charging case. Press and hold both earbuds for 10 seconds or until their LEDs flash purple.
- Close the lid of the charging case. Open it after 5 seconds, remove your earbuds and pair them.
- Now, play music at maximum volume. Hopefully, now they are loud enough.
- Repeat the reset process once or twice if it does not work on the first attempt.
6. Clean the Earbuds
You may not believe it, but dust is the most common cause your Jabra Elite 85t is not loud enough. If you work in a dusty environment, your device catches debris very easily.
However, in normal circumstances, it traps tiny dust particles. Over time, they accumulate to block the speaker grill. Thus, you need to clean your earbuds thoroughly.
Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and rub it gently over the speaker perforations to remove the dust. Another pro tip is to suck your earbuds.
This will remove the trapped earwax that may be causing blocking the sound. Always store your earbuds in their charging case with the lid closed.
Moreover, avoid putting the earbuds in wet ears as moisture can damage the device.
7. Test Your Jabra Elite 85t
Sometimes, the loudness issue occurs only with a certain device. Therefore, it is suggested to check your earbuds with a different device.
Pair them with another Bluetooth device and check the loudness. If it is fine, troubleshoot your current device.
Moreover, make sure you have not connected your earbuds to 2 devices at a time. Because the signals from both devices may interrupt each other.
For example, you may have paired your Jabra Elite 85t to your phone for listening calls and to a computer for listening to music simultaneously.
Shifting repeatedly between two devices can also create problems. Un-pair them from one device and test the loudness.
Related: Fixing Jabra Elite 85t Not Charging
This guide has told you 7 tricks. They must solve your issue if you try them correctly. However, if nothing works then your earbuds have some intricate fault.
In this case, we recommend you consult Jabra Support. They can diagnose the root cause and will repair your device if its hardware is defective.
Explain to them that your Jabra Elite is not loud enough even after trying all the tricks. Freely ask us if you have any other queries.