Sony WF-1000XM4 is one of the best wireless noise-canceling earbuds. This article is a complete guide if your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones are not charging.
The charging issue is caused by a number of reasons. There may be a software fault or a hardware defect in your Sony headphones. So, we need to sort out the real cause to resolve the problem.
1. Check the Charging Tools
If you use a third-party charging cable then your headphones will not charge properly. In addition, the charger must be connected to a working power outlet.
Moreover, the cable and the charger should be connected firmly to your device and the power outlet. Connect the charging case directly to your computer instead of using the USB cable.
Maybe the USB port of your computer is faulty. So, connect the case to some other port on your computer. Moreover, use the supplied earbud tips to ensure a proper charge.
If you use some other tips, the earbuds will not seat properly in the charging case. Hence, this will cause no charging issue.
2. Check the Power Supply
If you have plugged in your device to a computer, make sure it is not in sleep or standby mode and its battery is charged. Update the software on your computer to solve the issue.
Restart your PC or laptop and refresh it. Disconnect and reconnect your Sony charging case to your computer.
If the situation does not change, try charging your device directly from the electric outlet. Another important point to consider is the contact points in the charging case.
Make sure that the earbuds are correctly oriented and connected firmly with the charging points. Cleaning these contact points can also solve the issue.
3. Check the Battery Charging Status
Maybe the headphones are already charged fully. Consequently, when you plug the charger your Sony WF-1000XM4 cannot charge. Sometimes, the headphones are fully charged but the indicator is wrong.
So, you should check the charging status by the following method;
- Turn on the pairing mode on your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones by removing them from the charging case.
- Now, connect them with your phone via Bluetooth.
- Launch the Sony Headphones Connect app on your phone and check the battery charge percentage on the app.
- So, if the charging percentage is closer to 90%, avoid charging your headphones.
4. Charge Your Sony WF-1000XM4 Fully
Let your Sony WF-1000XM4 charge fully and do not remove them from the charging case. Your headphones take 1.5 hours to charge fully.
Place both earbuds in the charging case and connect them with the power supply. Close the lid of the charging case and wait for the charging light to come on.
After 1.5 hours, remove the earbuds from the case and observe the battery status indicator. If it is orange, the case is not fully charged while the green light means it is charged fully.
5. Reset the Charging Case
Resetting your charging case can solve the problem. Because a reset removes all the software bugs and thereby improves the efficiency of your device.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset the charging case of your Sony WF-1000XM4.
- Put the left earbud in the charging case and close the lid.
- Now, plug the case into a working AC outlet using the supplied USB-C cable and AC adapter.
- Open the lid of the charging case and close it back. Within 20 seconds, repeat this process rapidly 5 times.
- The LED indicator on the front of the charging case will flash red.
- Once the reset process is completed, the same LED indicator will flash green 4 times.
- Now, take out the left earbud and place the right earbud into the case. Repeat the same process with the right earbud to reset it.
This reset method does not delete pairing information and other settings on your Sony WF-1000XM4. However, it can fix your headphones that are not charging.
6. Reset Your Sony WF-1000XM4
If the basic reset method does not work then try the factory reset on your Sony WF-1000XM4. A factory reset will delete all the pairing information and settings on your headphones.
So, this will initialize the headphones to the factory defaults. Follow these steps to restore factory settings on your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones;
- Put both of the earbuds into the charging case.
- Touch and hold the sensor on the back of both earbuds at the same time.
- Hold the sensors for 10 seconds and release 5 seconds after the LED indicator in front of the case flashes red.
- This step is very important, you must release your finger exactly after 5 seconds of the LED flashing red.
- Otherwise, your device will not initialize and reset to factory settings and you will need to repeat the process again.
- The LED indicator will flash green 4 times when the initializing process is complete.
- Now, go to the Bluetooth menu on the device to which your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones are connected. Delete, un-pair, or forget your headphones from the device.
There is another method to restore factory settings on your headphones. For this, you need to download the Sony Headphones Connect app on your mobile device.
Also Read: Fix Philips TV Not Turning OFF
We hope, this article has guided you thoroughly. We have found the best working solutions to fix your headphones if they are not charging.
Sometimes, a minor mistake can create this issue. So, you should carefully follow our guidelines. Check all the tools and devices and use original charging equipment.
Resetting your headphones is the best solution. However, if nothing works then your Sony headphones or their charging case are defective.
You must contact Sony to submit a complaint provided that your headphones have not exceeded the warranty.
You can claim a refund or replacement if your Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones are still not charging.