Misplacing a TV remote is a very common problem. Without a remote, controlling a smart TV becomes a frustrating experience. Today, we will reset Philips TV without using remote.
If you are a Philips TV owner, maybe the remote of your TV is lost or it is not working. In addition, your Philips TV is also troubling you and you want to reset it.
Apparently, it seems impossible to reset without a remote. But, luckily, it is possible and very easy. In this article, we are telling you a very easy trick to reset your Philips TV without a remote.
Soft Reset Your Philips TV Without A Remote
Your Philips TV also has some physical buttons. You can use them to reset your TV without a remote. Follow the steps given below;
- Turn your Philips TV on by plugging it into the power supply.
- Now, press the power button to turn the screen on.
- Press and hold the power button at least for 15 seconds.
- Release the button when the TV restarts.
This soft reset process will reboot your Philips TV. It solves a number of problems. However, if your Philips TV is still not functioning then try a hard reset or factory reset.
Hard Reset Your Philips TV Without A Remote
Most of the problems can be solved by a soft reset process. If it fails, restore the default factory settings on your Philips TV.
Follow the process given below to hard reset your Philips TV without a remote;
- First, make sure that the child lock feature is not on.
- To show the menu on your Philips TV screen, press the “Volume UP” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously.
- You can navigate up and down through the menu by pressing the “P+” and “P-“ buttons.
- Volume buttons can be used to enter or select an option.
- From the menu, select the settings.
- Scroll down and tap the “Reset AV settings”.
- Click the “Start Now” button to initiate the reset process.
- Now, tap the “OK” button and complete the process. Press the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time to exit the TV menu.
So, in this way, you can reset your Philips TV without a remote.
Related: Fix Philips TV Not Turning OFF
If your Philips TV remote is lost or not working, this article is a complete guide for you. It tells you two methods of resetting your Philips TV without a remote.
You can try both soft and hard reset to solve the problems of your Philips TV.
Stay connected with us to find the best solutions to all of your technical problems.