This article will guide you on how to fix your JLab Bluetooth headphones that won’t connect.
As you know, Bluetooth is a wireless connection. So, it occasionally poses connection issues.
However, the problem can be solved by applying some quick tricks. Follow this guide till the end to connect your JLab headphones.
1. Maintain the Required Distance
Bluetooth can connect only within a certain range, a maximum of 30 feet. If your JLab headphones and phone are pols apart, they won’t connect.
So, ideally, you should keep both the headphones and the Bluetooth device side by side to make the connection successful.
Once you have paired both devices, do not move them too far away from each other. Because they will lose connection.
Moreover, if you keep them inactive for a long time, they will disconnect from the device. Hence, you should consider all these points before applying troubleshooting techniques.
2. Disconnect from Other Devices
One reason for JLab headphones won’t connect is that they are already paired up. Sometimes, the user cannot notice that the headphones are paired with some other device.
It happens when there are a number of Bluetooth devices around you. If the JLab headphones are in pairing mode, they may connect automatically to a nearby Bluetooth device.
The same can happen with your phone, maybe it is already connected to a Bluetooth device.
So, disable Bluetooth on your phone and turn OFF your headphones. Now, carefully reconnect both devices.
3. Troubleshoot Your Phone
Sometimes, the phone has some temporary issue. Therefore, you cannot connect JLab Bluetooth headphones.
A quick solution is to restart your phone and then connect the devices again. You can do so by turning OFF your phone and turning it ON after 30 seconds.
Another trick is to enable Airplane mode for some seconds. Reboot your phone and try connecting again. If you are trying to connect to a PC, refresh and restart it.
4. Reconnect JLab headphones
Disconnecting and reconnecting both devices is one of the effective solutions. You need to forget your JLab headphones from the Bluetooth pairing list on your phone or PC.
The method for the phone is as follows;
- Open setting and then Bluetooth menu.
- Click on the name of your JLab headphones in the list of previously paired devices.
- Click the information or ‘i’ button and then tap ‘Forget/Delete/Disconnect’. You may get one of these options depending on your smartphone model.
- Turn OFF your JLab headphones and pair them again after a few seconds.
- In the case of a PC or computer, open the Bluetooth menu from the settings.
- Choose your headphones from the list and disconnect them from the device.
5. Charge Both Devices
If your headphones do not have enough power, they will trouble you while connecting with a Bluetooth device.
So, you should make sure that their battery is not draining. Charge the headphones fully before connecting.
The same rule also applies to your phone. If its battery is low, it will disconnect or will have trouble connecting. Hence, charge your phone properly.
6. Reset Your JLab Headphones
Resetting the headphones will clear the Bluetooth pairing list, as you forgot them from your phone.
The reset method is slightly different for various JLab headphones models. We are telling you the reset method for some popular versions.
This reset method works for JLab Executive, Sport, V2, and Epic ANC headphones;
- Put both earbuds in the charging case and tap one earbud 4 times.
- In the case of Epic ANC, tap each earbud 7 times. The rest of the steps are the same.
- You have to do it quickly until the earbud flashed blue thrice.
- Repeat the same process with the other earbud while it is in the case.
- Now, take them out of the case. At this point, both earbuds should blink white and blue alternately.
- They are reset and ready to pair, try connecting them with your phone or PC.
7. Check the Compatibility
Some phones are not compatible with certain headphones brands. This may be the case for you, that’s why your JLab headphones won’t connect.
You can confirm this by pairing your headphones to a different phone and your phone to a different headphones brand.
Another cause is that your headphones or smartphone are not up to date. So, update firmware on both devices.
You can check the latest firmware version from the settings app on your phone.
Similarly, the JLab headphones can be updated by the JLab Audio App. Hopefully, it will make some difference.
Related: JLab Earbuds Not Charging Solved
8. Contact the Manufacturer
You must try all the solutions mentioned in this article. If still, your JLab headphones won’t connect, contact the JLab manufacturer.
If they fail to connect to any Bluetooth device, the fault is surely in the headphones.
It may be a manufacturing defect or some other complex issue. The company can better diagnose and resolve the issue.
However, if your JLab headphones are connecting to other Bluetooth devices except for your phone, reset your phone or contact the company.
We hope, this guide helped you fix your JLab Bluetooth headphones that won’t connect.