Jabra Elite 85t is one of the most popular headphones. They have a long-lasting battery. But, sometimes, you see that your Jabra Elite 85t is not charging.
It does not mean your device has expired. There are some minor problems that create charging issues.
For example, defective charging accessories, insufficient power supply, or software bugs may be the reasons. However, you should not worry anymore.
Because we have found the best tricks to fix your Jabra Elite 85t if it is not charging. Just follow our guide till the end and apply all the solutions mentioned here.
1. Follow the Charging Recommendations
Always use the supplied or recommended charging accessories for your Jabra Elite 85t. The manufacturer recommends using the USB cable provided with the device.
A cheap or third-party charging cable and adapter will damage your device gradually. So, make sure you are using original charging tools.
In addition, you should use an adapter of 5v+-0.25v. Using a high voltage wall charger can damage your device.
Moreover, charge through a standard wall outlet and avoid plugging your device into a high voltage power supply.
2. Charge Properly
When the battery is dead, the earbuds cannot take up charge immediately. So, you need to give them some time to charge.
Follow the suggested instructions to charge the earbuds properly;
- Place both earbuds in the charging case correctly. Make sure they are touching the charging points firmly.
- Now, connect the charging case to a power supply.
- Let it charge for 2 to 3 hours, remove the earbuds from the case.
- Put them back into the case, the LED on both earbuds should flash red.
- Keep the lid of the case open and connect it to a power source. After 3 to 5 seconds, the charging light indicator will start glowing.
- Now, close the lid and let the device charge for 2-3 hours. The battery status can be checked through the app.
3. Examine the Power Supply
A faulty power supply can be another reason for the no charging issue. So, check your wall power outlet carefully. It should be delivering enough voltage.
Make sure your power outlet is working, connect a different device to check it. If you are charging your earbuds through a PC, they should be in an awake position.
Plug the charger into a different USB port on your computer. It is better to charge directly from the electric supply. Fit the charger firmly into the socket.
4. Inspect the Charging Accessories
Examine the entire length of the charging cable. Look for cuts, bends, or exposed wires. Try another USB cable if it can charge your Jabra Elite 85t.
Likewise, check the AC adapter whether it is working or not. Moreover, clean the charging contact points on your case.
If it has trapped dust, debris, moisture, the port cannot work properly. The charging cable fits loosely and the current is not delivered.
The earbuds should be positioned correctly and touch the contact points. Clean the contact points, charging ports on the case, and adapter.
If any of the charging accessories are defective, replace them with new ones.
5. Avoid Overheating
Your Jabra Elite 85t can get overheated due to extended usage. Do not use them for several hours or while charging.
In this case, they will stop charging due to the automatic protective mechanism. Temperature can also affect the charging.
The electronic devices can function normally from 0-45 degrees. If the temperature exceeds or falls below the freezing point, the charging may cease.
For example, if your earbuds are exposed to direct sunlight, they can overheat. So, you should keep in mind these environmental changes.
6. Reset Your Jabra Elite 85t
Software bugs are most likely to create charging issues. Resetting the Jabra charging case can solve the problem. The factory reset method is as follows;
- Place both of your Jabra Elite 85t earbuds in the charging case.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the LED light on earbuds flash purple.
- Now, close the lid of the charging case and reopen after 5 seconds.
- The reset process is now complete. Try charging your device again.
- Repeat the process again to give one more chance.
7. Contact Jabra
If nothing works including the reset, your Jabra Elite has a hardware issue. It could be a built-in defect if your device is brand new.
So, you should contact Jabra support and explain your problem. Tell them that you have tried all the basic troubleshooting tricks. Ask for a refund or replacement if your device is under warranty.
However, in the case of old earbuds, the battery may be damaged. You should consult the company or a professional technician to get it repaired.
Purchase the genuine battery or replace your Jabra Elite 85t if they have expired completely.
Also Read: Jabra Elite 75t Left or Right Earbud Not Working
This guide has listed various troubleshooting tricks to fix your earbuds. You can try these simple and quick tricks at home.
Hopefully, our solutions have fixed your Jabra Elite 85t that was not charging. Tell us in the comment section if you have any suggestions or recommendations.