Jabra Elite 65t is one of the most popular earbuds. But, the right or left earbud stops working due to some reason. Most commonly, 65t owners complain about the right earbud not working.
This article is a complete guide for you if you are also facing this issue. We will discuss the causes and possible solutions to the problem.
1. Some Quick Checks
There are some very important things to consider if your Jabra Elite 65t right earbud is not working. Make sure that your earbud is turned on and is placed near to your left earbud.
Both of the earbuds turn on automatically as soon as you take them out of the charging case. Moreover, they start searching for a nearby available Bluetooth device and pair with it.
If one of the earbuds cannot connect to your phone, it enters into ‘sleep mode’ So, the earbuds stop working and needs to be powered on manually.
This issue also happens when you take out the right earbud and leave left in the case or vice versa. So, you should take out both earbuds at the same time.
Make sure you have placed the right earbud correctly in the charging case and it is touching the charging point firmly.
Always, use the compatible and genuine charger to charge the case of your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds. If you are using another brand, your device will not work properly.
2. Clean the Right Earbud
Cleaning the earbuds can solve the issue without any hard effort. Amazingly, this trick helped many 65t users. They got their right earbud back to working through cleaning it simply.
There is a tiny hole on the right earbud of your Jabra Elite 65t. Locate this hole right under the letter ‘R’. Take a toothpick or a paperclip and insert it into the hole very carefully.
Gently move the pin in the hole to wipe out the dust. Locate other holes on your earbud like the speaker grille and clean them also.
You can also use an air can for cleaning purpose. But, be very gentle so that you may not harm your device. Now, check whether the right earbud is working or not.
3. Re-install the App
This is a pro tip to fix your Jabra Elite 65t right earbud that is not working. Just uninstall the app from your mobile device. Reboot your phone and wait a few moments.
Re-install the Sound+ app and connect the earbuds again. This trick is very useful and helped many users.
4. Check the Charging Status
Another common reason for the right earbud not working is that it is not charged. You can check the charging status of the earbuds by placing them in the case.
Close the lid of the case and let the earbuds charge. Observe the LED indicator inside the charging case, it changes different colors such as red, yellow, and green indicating battery status.
The green light indicates that charging is full. You can also check the battery percentage of your earbuds on the Sound+ app.
5. Charge the Case Fully
In addition to resetting the earbuds, you should also reset their charging case. The method is as follows;
- Put both earbuds in the charging case and do not close the lid.
- Now, plug the charging case into a working power outlet using the supplied USB cable.
- When the LED on the case starts flashing, close its lid.
- Let the case charge for 2 hours and 20 minutes at least. After that check the performance of your right earbud.
6. Update the Firmware on Your Jabra Elite 65t
One common reason for the right earbud not working is outdated firmware. The problem can be solved by installing the latest firmware update.
Follow these instructions to update firmware;
- On your mobile device, download and install the ‘Sound+ app’.
- Pair your right earbud with your mobile device on which the Sound+ app is installed.
- Launch the app and click on the ‘About’ option and then tap ‘view technical information. Here, you can check the latest firmware version of your 65t earbuds.
- However, you can skip this step and go to ‘Settings Menu’ in the app.
- Next, choose the ‘Headset firmware’ option. If the latest update is available, put both earbuds in their charging case and close the lid.
- The LED of the charging case will be flashing purple during the process. Once the firmware has been updated, the Sound+ app on your mobile device will show a notification.
7. Factory Reset Your Jabra Elite 65t
A factory reset clears the Bluetooth pairing list on your earbuds. If your right earbud is not working, you should reset both earbuds to factory defaults.
- Remove both of your 65t earbuds from the charging case.
- On both earbuds, press and hold the Jabra button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED lights on both 65t earbuds start flashing purple.
- Also, forget/remove your Elite 65t earbuds from the device (phone, PC) to which they are paired.
- Now, pair your earbuds again to your desired device and the right one should be working well.
8. Repair Your Jabra Elite 65t Right Earbud
We have told you all the possible fixes to resolve the issue of right earbud not working. If nothing works then you need to repair your charging case.
It has a hardware defect but can be fixed within a few minutes. Jabra 65t charging case has a common hardware problem.
Under each earbud, there is a rubber cradle that contains a magnet. This magnet keeps the earbud firmly in the charging case and ensures proper charging.
However, if it is misplaced or rubber is loose, the earbud will not charge and hence stops working. This usually happens when your charging case is hit by something or drops down on the floor.
So, follow these steps to fix these components;
- Locate the rubber cradle under the seat of your right earbud in the charging case.
- Take a flathead screwdriver and pull the rubber cradle upwards.
- It is fixed by adhesives, so exert some force but be gentle.
- Once, it is out, turn the rubber cradle upside down. You will see a magnet here.
- Push the magnet to its original place and apply some adhesive if necessary.
- Fix the rubber cradle back into its place and charge your right earbud again.
- Hopefully, this hardware fix will solve your issue.
Related: Pair Jabra Elite 65t And 75t Earbuds
That’s all about Jabra 65t right earbud not working. You can also try these solutions if your left earbud stops working. Because all these solutions are verified and tested.
However, if the problem still exists, you should contact the manufacturer. If your Jabra Elite 65t earbuds are under warranty, submit a complaint to the company.
They will replace, refund, or repair your device. Because it has a technical or manufacturing fault. We hope, our guide has resolved your issue of Jabra Elite 65t right earbud not working.