The LG TVs come with a standard or Magic Remote. The latest models of LG TV usually include the LG Magic Remote. This remote is universal and can be used to control any device. It has an auto-device detection feature to work with any remote control device. Today, we will show you how you can reset your LG TV remote.
It works just like the mouse of the computer. When you point the remote towards the TV, it shows a cursor or pointer. It has a wheel in the center which also acts as a click button. Moreover, the LG Magic Remote also has a voice control feature.
When and Why to Reset the LG Magic Remote
Sometimes, the Magic remote cannot work properly. Some of its buttons work while others do not function. Or the remote becomes fully unresponsive.
The power button is not working, the cursor has disappeared, and the remote disconnects automatically, or cannot accept voice commands. If you are facing any of such problems, you should reset your LG Magic remote. All these issues can be resolved by re-pairing or resetting the remote.
This article will provide you complete guidelines. You can reset your LG Magic Remote in a few seconds.
Related: LG TV Magic Remote Wheel Not Working
Resetting LG Magic Remote
This resetting process is for the 2010 or 2011 version of the LG Magic remote. Resetting is helpful when your LG Magic Remote is not working with your TV or any other device. Follow the instructions given below;
Method 1: for 2010-2011 versions
- Press the ‘OK’ and ‘Mute’ buttons simultaneously. Hold them for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the power light blinks. It will blink 3 times to indicate a successful reset.
- Next, direct the remote towards your LG TV. Press the ‘OK’ button.
- The TV screen will show that the remote has been repaired successfully.
Method 2: For 2012 to onwards versions
The reset process is different for newer versions of the LG Magic Remote.
- Press the ‘Smart/Home’ and ‘Back/Exit’ buttons on your remote. Hold for 5 seconds at least.
- Release the buttons when the power light blinks.
- Go closer to the TV and point the remote towards it. Press the ‘OK’ button.
- The TV screen will indicate that the remote has been re-paired successfully.
Related: LG TV Remote Sensor Not Working
This method works for all remotes including the LG standard and Magic remote. It is a quick and easy way to reset your LG remote.
You just need to take out the remote batteries and put them back after few minutes. However, you need to re-pair the remote with the TV afterward. You should also try this reset method in addition to the above two.
We hope this guide will help you to reset your LG TV remote. If you have any suggestions or queries, do let us know.