Do you want to know the exact method to restart your Asus laptop with the keyboard? You have come to the right place.
Because this guide will tell you multiple methods of restarting your Asus laptop.
Normally, you can restart your laptop using the cursor and accessing the ‘Start’ menu.
However, if the cursor does not work, you can use keyboard shortcut keys to restart it. Let us understand each method step by step.
- On your Asus keyboard, press the ‘Windows’ key, it will open the ‘Start’ menu.
- In case, you cannot find the Windows key, use the alternate keys to open the Start menu; hold the ‘Ctrl’ key and press the ‘Esc’ key.
- When the Start menu opens, press the ‘U’ key or the ‘right-arrow’ key to choose the ‘Shut Down’ button.
- Next, press the ‘R’ key or ‘Down-arrow’ key and choose ‘Restart’.
- Finally, press the ‘Enter’ button on your keyboard and let your Asus laptop restart.
- On the keyboard of your Asus laptop, press and hold the ‘Alt’ key along with pressing the ‘F4’ key.
- This operation is used to close the active applications on windows.
- If still, your PC is running any application, repeat the process to close all programs.
- You need to repeat this step until you see a dialog box on the screen. It says “What do you want your computer to do?”
- At this point, press the ‘Down-arrow’ key to select the ‘Restart’ option.
- Finally, press the ‘Enter’ button to restart your laptop.
- On the Asus keyboard, press and hold the ‘Ctrl’, ‘Alt’, and ‘Delete’ keys at the same time.
- After a few seconds, it will open a dialogue box giving various options.
- If the box does not appear, press the same keys a few more times.
- Choose the ‘Shut Down’ option using the arrow keys, click the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will lead to another popup window with further options. Press the ‘Tab’ key to choose from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Power icon’ and then ‘Restart’ by pressing the ‘Down-arrow’ key.
- Finally, press ‘Enter’ to restart your Asus laptop.
If the keyboard keys cannot restart your laptop, you can use the power button. This method will force restart your laptop if it is fully frozen and does not respond at all.
Some laptops have the power button on the side while on Asus laptops, the power button is located on the keyboard.
You can find it at the top right corner, the first button from the right side, and next to the ‘Delete’ key.
- Simply, press and hold the power button until the screen goes off.
- Let your laptop shut down completely, the fans sound stops, the power light turns OFF and the screen turns completely black.
- After 2 or 3 minutes, press and hold the power button to turn ON your laptop.
Related: Fix LG Monitor No Signal
So, this guide has listed all four methods. Except for these, there is no other method to restart your laptop using the keyboard.
You can try either of the first three methods. Consider the 4th method as the last option if the first three fail to work.
Because it is a force restart that may cause any complication like data loss.
We hope, this article has helped you to restart your Asus laptop with the keyboard. Stay connected and give us your feedback.