As you may know, the Keurig produces excellent coffee and tea from individual K-Cups of grounds or teas. However, sometimes the Keurig can make strange noises.
That might scare you as if it’s about to break down or catch fire. So why does the Keurig produce strange noises and what can be done to stop them?
In this article, we’ll look at the possible causes of these noises and how to fix them.
Make sure the filter is clean
- Using a dirty or clogged filter can cause Keurig to become noisy.
- Run one of the brew cycles with just hot water through your brewer (without any K-Cups) and once that cycle is complete.
- Wipe down all parts of your machine with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- The filter is located at front of your machine, so you should be able to see it easily.
- If there’s anything in it, take it out and put in a new one.
- Make sure to fill up your tank with fresh water before running another brew cycle.
- Repeat until no more debris comes out of your filter.
Use bottled or filtered water
A lot of people are turned off by tap water because it can taste funny.
- When using tap water, your Keurig will often sound like it’s gurgling or bubbling.
- This is because it isn’t able to remove all of the impurities in your water, causing bad odours and sometimes clogging up your machine.
- The best solution is to use filtered or bottled water instead.
- You can even buy a filter for your faucet so you don’t have to buy bottles at all.
- If you don’t want to spend extra money on filters or bottled water.
- Another option is just to run tap water through a pitcher overnight so that most of the impurities settle at the bottom (and therefore aren’t in your cup).
Put a lid on it
- Put a lid on your coffee brewer.
- If you leave your brewer uncovered, it can fill with condensation and cause strange noises.
Clean out a K-Cup
- The K-Cup is used for packing each cup of coffee.
- So you may need to clean yours out if you notice an unpleasant taste coming from it.
- Make sure there are no remnants of old grounds or other substances inside that could cause your machine to malfunction.
Don’t use tap water
- Tap water contains minerals that can build up in your machine over time, causing corrosion that might lead to clogs or malfunctions.
- Use filtered or distilled water instead.
Use less coffee grounds per cup
- If you use too much coffee grounds per cup, then it will over-saturate and could clog your Keurig coffee maker. Clean Water Reservoir.
- Make sure there is enough room in your reservoir to draw water by cleaning off any excess build-up of coffee grounds.
Install Maintenance Kit
- If a build up of oil or calcium accumulates inside your machine, then it may clog up parts of your brewing system.
- Another way that you can decrease how loud your brewer might sound while using it is to not put as many grounds into each cup of coffee.
Use less ground coffee in general
- Your grinder at home can help determine how much ground coffee needs to be used.
- So try cutting back on how much ground beans you place into each cup.
- And see if that makes a difference in making things quieter for you during operation of the Keurig machine itself
Water is not hot enough
- Coffee grounds are build up and clogging needle.
- Make sure water temperature is higher than 55 degrees Celsius and descale it.
- What causes Keurig to make noise or ‘spits’ out used coffee grounds in my cup of coffee?:
- Ground Beans build up inside grinder tray, drains pipes under pressure leading up into a spray shot.
- The power head isn’t circulating hot water through its heating coil because either
- There isn’t any cold water coming into it or
- There’s too much clogged debris keeping warm water from circulating back down.
- And if you’re experiencing these symptoms, cleaning or repairing.
- Your machine may help, but they aren’t permanent solutions.
Also read: Keurig Not Turning ON Solved
There may be two reasons that cause noisy condition of Keurig coffee maker. If you want to know more details, please read following introduction carefully.
Then you can find how much how these noises affect your using experience of using a coffee machine in work place and home.
We hope all these information can help you enjoy your coffee moment as before! Now let’s start to discuss causes and solution of making noises in Keurig Coffee Maker.