Polk Subwoofers are intended to enhance your sound system’s audio quality. In comparison with most speakers, audio is improved considerably more by subwoofers.
Sometimes, you need audio or even a video receiver and a few speakers to add the woofer to the home theater.
An important component is the proper connection of the subwoofer to any soundbar, receiver, or TV.
You bought a new Polk subwoofer to enjoy the sound and thrill. Here we will show you some steps on how to connect the Polk subwoofer to various devices.
How to connect Polk Subwoofer to Soundbar
- Look at the back of the subwoofer and find the SYNC button
- Press and hold the SYNC button for 3 seconds
- You will see the green LED on the back of the subwoofer that will start flashing at a faster rate
- This indicates that the soundbar and the subwoofer are connecting
- LED is solid green when connected and you hear a tone
- So you can play music and check the sound. Hopefully, it will be connected and you will enjoy the sound
How to connect Polk Subwoofer to a Receiver
Follow the steps and methods keenly to get every basic knowledge of the subwoofer to connect with a receiver.
- First, when you connect the Polk subwoofer to the receiver, run speaker cables
- Connect it to the receiver’s front right and the left speaker connections
- Connect the left and right headers to the subwoofer’s speaker connector
- Polk subwoofers usually come with speaker capabilities
How to connect Polk Subwoofer to TV
It’s time to connect your Polk Subwoofer to your TV. You can choose from 3 available options to connect it.
This is probably the most convenient method among the three. A direct connection does not need other devices.
- First, you need to locate the audio output port on your TV
- Plug the HDMI cable into the TV’s port
- Locate the audio input port on your subwoofer
- When you found that, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Polk subwoofer
- And there you have it! That was easy
Connect by Using a Converter
The next method is to connect your TV with Polk Subwoofer through a converter.
- First, you have to connect the digital coax output directly to the TV
- Connect the other end to the digital coax input cable to the converter
- Through the converter, plug the HDMI cable
- When you connect to one place, then you need to connect the other side of the HDMI cable to the subwoofer
You will find this method more complex than the direct connection, and it has more cords involved. It’s confusing but this method is also used to connect Sub to TV.
Connect by Using an A/V Receiver
This option will work just in case the last-mentioned two options didn’t work for you.
- You need an A/V receiver to convert the signals into compatible versions for your devices
- Before setting this up with the subwoofer, make a direct connection with the A/V receiver and the TV first
- Connect the A/V receiver’s input port to the TV’s audio output
- If you have other speakers at home, a good time to connect them to the A/V receiver
Also Read: 7 Solutions Pioneer VSX 921 No Sound
Polk Subwoofers are generally simple to attach since just two cables are available, one can use for power and another one for audio.
Hopefully, you will connect your device with Polk Subwoofer. If still unable to connect your subwoofer after following the above steps, you can read the manual carefully.
This article will help you fix your issue and you can learn how to connect your major devices with your Polk Subwoofer.