You can connect your LG TV to Wifi with a remote. However, if your remote is lost then you can use other alternatives. Apparently, it seems very difficult to connect your LG TV to Wifi without a remote. But, it is possible. We are going to tell you a very easy method to connect your LG TV to Wifi without a remote.
1. Take a Mouse
Since you do not have a remote, you need a mouse to control your LG TV. But, not all types of mice are compatible with the LG TV. You can check from the digital user manual. It lists the mouse compatible with the LG TV.
In the user guide, go to the Magic Remote section. Further select the option, “Using a Keyboard and Mouse”. Here you will see the recommended mouse. The manual mentions, LOGITECH K360, K400, K759, and LG Electronics MKS-1200 mouse models. You should have any of them.
2. Connect the Mouse
Turn your LG TV on by pressing the power button. Connect the mouse to the USB port of your LG TV. Now, a cursor or pointer will be visible on the TV screen. With the help of this mouse, you can connect your TV to a Wifi network.
3. Connect the Wifi Network
Now, use the connected mouse to perform all the functions. Follow these guidelines to connect your LG TV to Wifi;
- Click the sole physical button on your LG TV. Three options will appear on the screen. Tap on the ‘Input’ option to move further.
- The next window will give you many options. You have to select the ‘Live TV’ option.
- Next, click the mouse on the right bar of your TV screen. A menu will appear. Under the ‘Channel’ icon, select the ‘recommended’ icon.
- A message saying ‘You are not connected’ will pop up on the screen. Click on the ‘Yes’ button and follow the instructions.
- Next, the network setting window will appear on the TV screen. Your router SSID will be seen here. You need to click it Enter your accurate Wifi password.
- After few moments, your network will configure. Follow the instructions on display and save all the information.
Connect Your LG TV to Wifi via Ethernet Cable
If you do not have a mouse to connect with your LG TV. You can use another method to connect to Wifi. You can make a wired connection if your router or modem is closer to the TV. Just an Ethernet cable. But, the condition is that your LG TV has a LAN Ethernet port.
So, use the Ethernet cable to connect your LG TV with the Router. The next process is automatic. Because your LG TV will recognize the Wifi connection. If it cannot connect, troubleshoot your TV. You can do it by unplugging your TV for some moments and switching again.
Use Your Smartphone as a Remote for Your LG TV
Now, you have successfully connected your LG TV with the Wifi. But, the problem is how to operate the TV without a remote. There is a very simple solution. You just need to download the LG ThinkQ or Smartify app on your smartphone.
Be sure that your smartphone is connected to the same Wifi network as your LG TV. Launch the app and follow the on-screen instructions. Pair the app with your LG TV. Both these apps work as a remote control for your LG TV. You can easily operate a TV from your smartphone.
Hopefully, this guide will help you connect your LG TV to WiFi without a remote. Now you don’t need to worry in case the remote is lost.