Philips TV is a smart Android TV. It comes with remote control. But, sometimes, the remote stops functioning or cannot be found.
So, it becomes difficult for you to perform different functions on your Philips TV. Specially, you feel worried when you want to change the input on your Philips TV.
But, this article will solve your problem just in a few minutes. You can easily change the input on your Philips TV without a remote. Just follow our steps and you are all done.
Change Input on Philips TV: The Basic Method
Look at the back of your Philips TV, it has various buttons and control options. For example, there are volume control buttons, source, and power buttons.
If your remote is lost or not working, you can use these buttons to change the input on your Philips TV. Follow these steps to change the input on your Philips TV;
Locate the Source button or Home button on your Philips TV. The “Home” button is located on the right side of the TV while the Source button is located at the back of your Philips TV. While some Philips TV models have all the buttons on the side.
- Press and hold the “Source” button.
- Release the button when the menu appears on the screen.
- The TV screen shows a list of sources including; TV, composite, HDMI1,2, and 3.
- Press the “Ch+” or “Ch-” button to scroll down the list, release the button when it selects your favorite source.
- Press the Home button to select any input source.
In this way, you can change the input source on your Philips TV without a remote.
Related: Turn ON Philips TV Without Remote
Change Input on Philips TV: The Remote App
The smart Philips TV is supported by an app. You can download this app on your Android phone. This app functions just like a remote and allows you full access to your Philips TV.
Let us know the process of controlling your Philips TV through the smart app;
- Go to Play Store on your mobile device. Download and install the Philips TV Remote app.
- Launch the Philips TV Remote app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your Philips TV to the same Wifi network to which your phone is connected.
- Next, add your specific Philips TV model to the app.
- The app gives all the control options. So, you can change the input on your Philips TV.
Another method to use this app is via an Infrared IR sensor.
- You need to investigate your phone whether has an Infrared IR sensor or not.
- Many smartphones come with this feature. So, your smartphone can work just like a remote.
- Launch the app into your smartphone.
- Direct your phone towards the IR sensor on your Philips TV. Now, you can change the input.
Moreover, you can also control volume, channels, turn on and off your TV through this app.
So, you can change the input on your Philips TV without a remote. Either you can use the physical buttons or the remote control app.
The Philips TV Remote control app also functions in two ways. Either through Wifi or via Infrared IR sensor.
We hope, you liked this article. We are open to any queries and suggestions.