You want to sell your Xbox and have lost the controller. You need to reset it before selling it or giving it to your friend because you have your personal data in it that you don’t want others to see.
How do you reset your Xbox 360 when you have lost your controller? How to do it without a controller?
Things to know before a reset
Before resetting the device, you need to first get yourself aware of resetting the device. What exactly happens with the device after resetting it?
Probably all of your data and your settings become reset and when you turn your console back on again, it is like it was before when you bought it just from the market.
Make sure that if you have some sort of software or troubleshooting issues, then you can simply solve them by clearing the cache. You don’t really need to reset the device until you really feel the need to do so.
Reset Xbox without a controller
The question is can we really reset our Xbox 360 without a controller? Yes, we can. We just need some simple steps to follow in order to reset our Xbox 360.
Reset by console
To reset your Xbox 360, what you need to do is simply follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Hold down the power button which is placed on the front of the console for about 10 seconds
- Release it only after the device has shut down
- After that, you disconnect your power cable and wait for about 10 seconds
- Then reconnect the cable and turn the console back on again
- You have got your console reset
Factory Reset manually into the settings
For manually resetting your Xbox, you need to follow steps in-screen:
- Choose settings then system from the dashboard screen of the Xbox 360
- Then choose storage
- After that make sure you highlight the Memory Unit
- Then select Device Options by pressing Y on the controller.
- Select Format
- A warning will appear, the console will warn you that everything will be removed. Select Yes
This option erases everything from the system. The network settings as well as the data will be restored.
Also check out: Ps4 Stuck On Setup Internet Connection Solved
Now you can give your Xbox to anyone you want because finally, you are able to reset Xbox 360 without a controller. Reset is not a big deal, but later on, you might regret it if you don’t know the real meaning of it.
Make full research on it before you take any step because you can not undo it later on. So make sure you do it and remember all your settings.