Only coffee lovers can understand what it means to start your day with a hot cup of your favorite flavor. Missing that delight is a frustrating experience. It usually happens when your machine fails to produce a cup hot enough as reported about the Ninja coffee maker.
However, every problem comes with its solution. Therefore, we are writing this troubleshooting guide to help you fix your machine. Do not rush to a technician instead try some simple hacks at home. Surely, your Ninja will start working perfectly within a few minutes.
Why Ninja Coffee Maker Has Insufficient Heat?
Generally, the reduction of heat refers to some underlying hardware defect. One or more important parts are malfunctioning. Therefore, the coffee does not gain the required temperature. Let us briefly overview these causes;
The heating element is not working properly
The thermostat of the machine is faulty
The warming plate may have rust or dirt on it
High altitude mode is enabled on the Ninja coffee maker
How to Make Your Ninja Hot Enough?
There can be some other invisible reasons besides the above-mentioned causes. However, we will check and resolve the most probable issues. In the following section, each remedy is explained in detail.
1. Adjust Temperature Accurately
The temperature of the water used for brewing plays a significant role in achieving the desired coffee temperature. Make sure the water temperature is optimal; between 195°F and 205°F (90°C and 96°C). Read the user manual of your Ninja and be sure to follow all the instructions correctly. You should apply the settings correctly and should not stop the brewing the mid cycle. Moreover, preheat the carafe and the coffee maker to maintain the desired temperature.
2. Check Water to Coffee grounds Ratio
The ratio of water to coffee grounds can affect the brewing temperature. If the coffee maker is consistently using a higher ratio of water to coffee, it may result in a lower brewing temperature. It is crucial to follow the recommended measurements provided by the manufacturer to achieve optimal results.
3. Descale Your Ninja Coffee Maker
Hot water flows through various parts of the machine. The impurities and minerals deposit inside the reservoir, hoses, and other parts. Overtime, this debris may block the machine thus causing inefficiency. So, you have to descale your appliance by running a clean cycle;
- Prepare a descaling solution by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water.
- Empty the water reservoir of the coffee maker and pour the descaling solution into it.
- Start the brewing cycle without adding coffee grounds. Allow the machine to complete a full brewing cycle.
- Discard the used descaling solution and rinse the water reservoir thoroughly to remove any vinegar residue.
- Fill the water reservoir with clean water and run a brewing cycle with just water to flush out any remaining descaling solution.
- Repeat the water brewing cycle as necessary until there is no vinegar smell or taste.
- Clean the carafe with warm, soapy water.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly and reassemble the coffee maker.
4. Disable High Altitude Mode
Enabling the high altitude mode will reduce the boiling point of the water. As a result, the water only gets warm but does not boil and cool down easily. Hence, you should deactivate this mode by following the below-mentioned steps;
- Disconnect your Ninja coffee maker from the power source and turn it OFF.
- On the control panel, locate the “ALT” or “HA” button. You may need to open the settings to access this option.
- Toggle this button to the OFF position or hold it down for a few seconds to deactivate the function.
- Turn on the machine
- Final step is to start the brewing process and check whether your coffee is hot enough or not.
- Note that the process of disabling this feature may vary depending on the model. Therefore, it is highly recommended to read the user manual.
5. Clean the Warming Plate
The warming plate is usually located under the coffee pot or the carafe. It is responsible to keep the coffee hot for a long time. Dirt or rust on the warming plate causes heat loss. Resultantly, it cannot transmit all the heat to the pot and water cannot get to the required temperature. Turn OFF your machine and disconnect the power source. Now, clean the warming plate thoroughly to remove the coffee stains or dried-up residuals. Then, place the reservoir and make a cup.
6. Check and Replace the Heating Element
Your coffee machine is equipped with a heating element. Water passes through the heating element as it moves between the tank and the hoses. It boils the water so that it can extract flavors from the coffee beans. This component has a dual purpose of boiling the water and maintaining the coffee temperature. In the present case, the heating element may be partially defective. Because the water is getting hot but not reaching the desired temperature. Generally, it is not repairable. So, the only solution is to replace the heating element and install a new one in your Ninja coffee maker.
7. Inspect the Thermostat
A thermostat is a device that detects and regulates the temperature of your machine. It causes the heating element to turn ON if the water is not hot enough. Once the water reached the required temperature, the thermostat sends the message to the heating element and it shuts OFF. If the thermostat is defective, it will send a wrong message that the water is hot enough. So, you have to purchase a replacement thermostat and install it in your machine. However, make sure to consult a technician first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you want to ask more queries? Read the following questions/answers that are commonly asked by the users.
What is the temperature range of Ninja coffee makers?
Generally, different models of Ninja coffee makers have a 137-205 degrees Fahrenheit temperature range. This is considered an optimal temperature to extract aroma and flavor from coffee grounds or beans. The temperature is adjustable according to your specific requirements.
Why I am not getting a strong coffee from my Ninja?
How hot the water is a determining factor for a strong or weak coffee. Too much cooled water produces a weak coffee. Because it cannot extract all the flavor from the grounds. You should brew the coffee around 195-205 degrees to make a strong cup.
How to get an espresso-quality brew from Ninja coffee maker?
You can brew in “Specialty” mode. It creates a super-concentrated cup by brewing only a few ounces of coffee. However, it can extract a lot of caffeine content and flavor to create a bitter taste. The brew quality resembles the espresso.
Also Read: Ninja Coffee Maker Brew Light Blinking
If your Ninja coffee maker is not hot enough, you can try a number of settings and temperature adjustments. However, sometimes, the issue is with the hardware as explained above. In this case you must consult a professional technician or the company. Do not attempt to open up the machine if you do not have enough technical expertise.